A concave mirror is also known as the Converging mirror that is used to reflect the image surface inward. There are many uses of Concave mirror in daily life as they can also apply for security purposes.
A concave mirror has a reflecting surface that is away from the incident light. Converging or concave mirror definition requires a lot of attention because of many types of mirror available in the market which looks similar in one way. This kind of mirrors reflects the light to one focal point to inward.
- 1 Uses Of Concave Mirror
- 2 Uses of Concave mirror in daily life:
- 3 1) Uses of concave mirror in making Shaving and Makeup Mirrors:
- 4 2)Uses of Concave mirror in making Headlights:
- 5 3)Uses of concave mirror in Microscopes:
- 6 4)Uses of concave mirror in a telescope:
- 7 5) Uses of concave and convex mirror in Solar ovens:
- 8 Concave Mirror shape
- 9 Uses of concave mirror in daily life:
- 10 Uses of concave and convex mirror:
- 11 The focus of a concave mirror in different ways:
Uses Of Concave Mirror
There are many uses of concave mirror exist, but the primary purpose of this mirror is to focus the light waves. Unlike other mirrors, concave mirror can show different types of images depending upon the distance between mirror and object. The concave mirror is also known as converging mirrors because they can collect the light and refocus all the parallel incoming rays towards a focal point. This thing is to happen because of the angle of view. Light can reflect at different angles and positions. Since the regular reflection to the surface can differ from each spot on the mirror.
Uses of Concave mirror in daily life:
As we know that a concave mirror is a form of converging mirror that’s why it used for various purposes.
1) Uses of concave mirror in making Shaving and Makeup Mirrors:
While making shaving or makeup mirrors concave mirror are used to closely reflect the object in the form of the magnified image. When you place the mirror strictly in the front of your face concave mirror reflects the skin in large type.
2)Uses of Concave mirror in making Headlights:
Concave mirrors used in manufacturing vehicles headlights to indicate the intense beams of light. Instead of passing out a concave image mirror are used to focus the view from the bulbs. Sun rays reflected from the lamp and then creates an intense beam that can thoroughly shine on the road.
3)Uses of concave mirror in Microscopes:
On the side base of the microscope, you may find out a concave mirror in a mounded form. You can quickly turn it in any direction to focus the object. These kinds of mirrors are used in a microscope to collect the light from the lamp and reflect it on the specimen so that the viewer examines it by the magnification lens. It is essential to focus the mirror point to collect light from the sun.
4)Uses of concave mirror in a telescope:
The large size of the glasses has a concave mirror at the end of the telescope. It works similar to the microscope. The concave mirror used in a telescope to collects the light. Instead of shine up the sun to some specimen concave mirror shines on the view from the stars onto a flat mirror. The recipient or viewer look it through the lens located on the eyepiece of the telescope. Through this viewer see the reflection on the mirror.
5) Uses of concave and convex mirror in Solar ovens:
The hollow and concave mirror used in solar furnaces and solar ovens to collect solar energy in a tremendous amount. This solar energy thus used for many purposes like cooking food, recharging power for backups, heating water and for melting purposes.
Concave Mirror shape
Many curved mirrors exist with a spherical profile. A concave mirror is easy to make for general usage. Spherical concave mirrors suffer from most valuable spherical aberration. In this stage parallel rays direct;y reflected from such kind of mirrors, but they do not focus on the single point towards any object.
Due to this reason, the parabolic reflector collects those rays which are coming from any distant object and that can do the best job. Uses of concave and convex mirror are widely available in our daily life because of its focusing feature. As compared to Spherical concave mirror these parabolic reflectors can even focus parallel rays within smaller spots. The third type of concave mirror is Toroidal concave reflector which is the latest form of parabolic reflector. This incredible concave mirror has different focal points depending upon the distance and angle of the mirror.
Uses of concave mirror in daily life:
- There are many uses of concave mirror in daily life captures which stated below:
- The concave mirror used to reflect the light
- The concave mirror used for landing aircraft at the airport.
- This type of mirror used to enlarge the image for shaving purposes.
- The Concave mirror used in cars and motorbikes to reflect the light.
- It also used in marine lighthouses. Marine lighthouses are found in airports to give the guideline for shippers.
- Concave mirrors are found in satellite dishes to collect electricity from the sun rays.
- In medial dentist, a doctor uses medical tools to examine the teeth. In dentist tools, Concave mirror used to focus the object on getting examine.
- Concave mirrors used in electron and other magnifying glasses for laboratory usage.
Uses of concave and convex mirror:
- Concave and convex mirrors used in various dentist tools and for those ENT specialists who want to focus inner parts like throat, ear, and teeth.
- In many shaving mirrors combination of concave and convex mirror issued to enlarge and ultra focus the face.
- The convex mirror used in rear view car mirrors.
- Convex mirrors also use in making street lights in the northern areas to reflect and spread the fire.
The focus of a concave mirror in different ways:
Center of the concave mirror made due to the collection of rays. These reflected rays emitted from the sun. After the selection of reflected beams, they later gathered on one lit point. The increasing distance between the focus of the mirror and through the pole equaled to the radius of the concave mirror. When the rays of light place in the parallel position to the principal axis of the concave lens then it reflects on through the focus. Uses of concave mirror on the roadside are very vital. When these rays pass through the center point of curvature, then the rays reflect itself.